Thursday, August 11, 2011

Fit for GOD's Mission

Personal Reflection:

Our youngest son was born April 27, 2009 and at the time of his birth I weighed 187 pounds. I was always a petite woman, and did not pick up any weight until I turned 32 but even then I weighed maybe 135-140.

Well, my husband never said anything about the extra weight, and so around the end of 2010 I looked at a picture of myself, and was shocked because I had gained so much weight. I started immediately to watch what I ate, because up until that point, I was still eating for two and within 3 months I lost 25 pounds.

However, my victory was short lived, because I got content all over again. I did not gain the weight back, but I did not lose any either.

We often regard our relationship with GOD the same.

So, a few months ago the LORD really begin to speak to me about this, and reminded me that my body is his temple, and I needed to be spiritually fit, and physically fit.

1 Corinthians 6:19 Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from GOD? You are not your own; 20.you were bought at a price.

So for my birthday I did not want anything, but a gym membership, and my oldest son bought me some fabulous workout shoes. I am overjoyed with my results in spite of my knee injury. And look forward to the final outcome of my hard work.

You may be asking yourself, “Why is she posting this?”

Well, my relationship with GOD has been successful because I am obedient to his voice. And I believe through the WORD of GOD that you have to be a doer, not just a hearer. I teach the WORD of GOD by the measure of Faith that he has revealed to me, and so this aspect of life will be applied going forth in ministry.

I’ve learned that you may not be where you want to be (physically, spiritually, financially, or professionally, but if you listen to the voice of GOD, and follow his instructions you will get there in due time, if you faint not.

We have to be content, and grateful that we’re not where we used to be, and hold on to the thoughts the Father has towards us.

Jeremiah 29:11 Message Bible
I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.

This quest to be in the best shape for the LORD was not because of negative confessions about myself, or negative remarks by my husband. But motivated by the LOVE the Father has for me to fulfill the call upon my life. I refuse to give the enemy a foot hole in my life by afflicting me with an infirmity because I refuse to take care of the temple of GOD due to my liberty in Christ Jesus.

1 Timothy 4 Message Bible
6-10 You've been raised on the Message of the faith and have followed sound teaching. Now pass on this counsel to the followers of Jesus there, and you'll be a good servant of Jesus. Stay clear of silly stories that get dressed up as religion. Exercise daily in God—no spiritual flabbiness, please! Workouts in the gymnasium are useful, but a disciplined life in God is far more so, making you fit both today and forever. You can count on this. Take it to heart. This is why we've thrown ourselves into this venture so totally. We're banking on the living God, Savior of all men and women, especially believers.

I pray this encourages someone to be fit (spiritually and physically) for the LORD in Jesus Name Amen.

Agape

No comments:

Post a Comment