Thursday, December 12, 2013

The WORD for 2014: Real Intimacy with GOD is not lip action, but all Heart!

There is nothing more special or endearing than having an intimate relationship with another person. The kind of intimacy that does not depend on words to convey the depth of ones feelings or needs. It is such a profound way to communicate that a look, tone, posture, or behavior of a friend, love one, co-worker or stranger will cause you to pause, and carve out some time to make sure they're alright. I've learned over the years that people struggle with expressing themselves or articulating their needs, and some people want what they don’t need. Instead of always having a heart to heart I just talk about things that I know they’re dealing with to nurture their spirit, stroke their ego, or give them wisdom to effectively handle life’s curve balls. I don’t expect each encounter to yield immediate results, but I do expect to sow a seed that will bud at the right time.

As we move into the new Year, the LORD desires for his people to have that kind of intimacy with him. One that does not always require a WORD that has to be looked up to confirm if it is so. But a deeper understanding of who he is, and what he requires from us personally. This is a personal journey, a personal relationship that is not measured by your Pastor, the Church, your family or friends, but by you. You and only you will have to give an account for your life; even if you did things out of ignorance. Hosea 4 , in part says, “My people are destroyed from a lack of knowledge.

How many people read their Bible on their own? How many people know that when you say, “ I AM A Christian, that one day, you may have to die, because of it? (Read Revelation chapter 2) Before, I was ordained as a Pastor I read my WORD, and studied, because a title does not define you; it only affirms your position spiritually.

The LORD is calling all his children into an intimate relationship with him, one that can not be moved , or shaken by life’s misfortunes. One that will survive death, financial loss, heartache, despair, and even love. Our hearts should be that of the Father’s. I am baffled when I see racist, and hate groups associate themselves with Christianity when Jesus said, “The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these.” Mark 12:31

There is no COMMANDMENT GREATER!

At the end of the day, search your heart, and see if you have an intimate relationship with GOD; where the Bible does not have to confirm to you it is, you just feel it in the depth of your soul, and are convicted when your actions or thoughts are not a reflection of his. Pray if you don't know, because the LORD is faithful in conveying the truth to you!

Ezekiel 36 NIV
26. I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. 27. And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. 

For all the Christians that are like, nothing matters in the Old Testament:

1 John 2 (The Message Bible)
2-3 Here’s how we can be sure that we know God in the right way: Keep his commandments. 4-6 If someone claims, “I know him well!” but doesn’t keep his commandments, he’s obviously a liar. His life doesn’t match his words. But the one who keeps God’s word is the person in whom we see God’s mature love. This is the only way to be sure we’re in God. Anyone who claims to be intimate with God ought to live the same kind of life Jesus lived.


In His Love,

Pastor Aisha

No comments:

Post a Comment